(Updated: July 20, 2011)
Overall rating

Appearance

Louche

Aroma

Flavor / Mouthfeel

Finish

Overall

I laughed hysterically when pouring it. The colour is extraordinarily artificial and absurd-looking. The louche action is slow, unspectacular, and comes out medium-thin. And still blue.

The aroma before louche is like mouthwash; minty and medicinal. It even has that nausea-inducing smell of artificial sweetener (I don't know if it really has that, but it sure smells like it). The anise is more like licorice candy. After louche it smells a little less like Scope and a little more like rotgut absinthe like Tabu. The medicinal fumes slightly burn my eyes.

The flavour is like a mentholyptus cough drop mixed with cheap licorice candy. The sweetener tastes artificial, hardening my suspicion. There is a bitter tang like copper that is really inappropriate and annoying; the only other dreck that claims to be absinthe that I've had that contains it is King of Spirits Gold. The flavour isn't remotely similar to absinthe at all and is quite offensive. The finish is dominated by that artificial sweetener flavour, degrading like the flavour of Listerine into a plasticky numbing at the back of the throat.

If this is legitimately absinthe then it's only by technicality. It really bares no similarity to absinthe in any way; all it is is mouthwash with delusions of grandeur.
A
Report this review Was this review helpful? 6 2

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Post a Comment