Extremely surprised.
Overall rating

Appearance

Louche

Aroma

Flavor / Mouthfeel

Finish

Overall

Color: I always feel a little weird about giving a 5 to a blanche, but when it was poured in my Pontarlier glass to the top of the reservoir, it looked like there wasn't anything in it...it's as clear as the glass we put it in.

Louche: Explosive and layered. A nice, thick louche (but maybe not as thick as the verte) with hints of blue, rose, and gold.

Aroma: It's certainly peppery, but I was honestly unable to pick out anything specific from the smell, which was a bit puzzling to me. It smells good...I just can't determine the parts that are making it good.

Flavor: My notes here start with "SO GOOD!" The flavors are all round and balanced and wonderful, filling my entire mouth with warmth and tastiness. There's an excellent mixture of everything together, not so much separate flavors.

Finish: The finish is tart and tasty, making it very hard to wait to take the next drink.

Overall: Extremely balanced, which I find tends to be lacking in most blanches, with more emphasis being put on anise than anything else. I don't care much for blanches, but this one is not only the best I've ever tasted, it also holds its own when compared to vertes, even the Ridge Verte...no small feat.
A
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account