Nice, creative absinthe!
Overall rating

Appearance

Louche

Aroma

Flavor / Mouthfeel

Finish

Overall

Color- Light brown, looks slightly like watered-down brandy. Darker then any absinthe I've seen. No sediment. Probably not to everyone's liking but I think it's pretty nice.

Louche- Thick, swirling clouds developing from the top. Thin meniscus lasts till about 1.5 OZ of water.

Aroma- Very very bad representation of this absinthe. There is a decent mixture of herbs but I continually take in a fake "plasticy" cinnamon-like smell. This may be to the extensive amount of herbs used.

Flavor- Much improved over the aroma. Anise starts off on the tip of your tongue and a multitude of vegetable spiciness coats your mouth during the finish. A bit of wormwood pinch at the end. I like this.

Finish- Basil, fennel and a mixture of other herbs are present. There is a bit of tongue numbing and the finish is VERY savory. Kind of like a quality mixture of spices on a roast. What didn’t work well for the aroma and flavor worked perfectly for the finish. Very long. I’m impressed.

Overall- This is a good American-made absinthe. It is very unique and the flavor profile is creative. However, this stuff is way overpriced compared to other offerings available on the internet. If you find it for a good price add it to your cabinet.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Post a Comment