(Updated: March 26, 2008)
Overall rating

Appearance

Louche

Aroma

Flavor / Mouthfeel

Finish

Overall

Different! This is not an Absinthe for everybody..

Louche was barely average looking, basically an uninspiring one, Color is a tad septic and earthy.Highly hyped for the multi-floralfauna aspects,the new domestic aromas of Fennel,Terragon and Nettles are at first mystical and swirling,building with an increasingly aggressive flavor as you dive into the glass,now,this is ok if it ends on a smooth finish,but its menthol bite aftertaste "snaps" at you at the end, thus this one becomes not my cup of Absinthe. Perhaps, its due the Brandy base with wormwood that Im not just not used to.Ouch!

The floral crispness and velvetness of Eich Verte is bouquet lite ,crisp and far preferred by comparison.This is not an Absinthe I would give to newbies just starting out as its

astringency and courseness in each sip can be overwhelming.Its really not something I want to pay even this reduced US price for. Agreed,its a good early USA attempt that has a lot of complexity and effort involved,but perhaps Im just spoiled on the Euro base Recipies,at least for now.Perhaps "Round Two" will be smoother.A good first try but "It ain'nt no Eich"!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 1

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Post a Comment