(Updated: January 03, 2008)
Overall rating

Appearance

Louche

Aroma

Flavor / Mouthfeel

Finish

Overall

I've tried this Absinthe on 2 occasions now, unfortunately neither of which was particularly suited to contemplation, so please take this review for what it is worth.

Among the Absinthes I've tried so far, I will give it a 4-ish. Not the best, but well among the upper-mid Absinthes.

The color is on the brown-green side and I find a stronger green more appealing. The Louche is nice, but not as creamy as some of the others I have tried. The best feature is the aroma. Fills the room with a floral complex bouquet. The flavor is spicy and interesting. On the modern side, with the emphasis on the Star Anise and unusual herbs. It is very well distilled on a pleasant and smooth brandy base. Not harsh at all, making it a bit dangerously enjoyable at a 2 or 3 water to Absinthe ratio.

Reading the details of the "overall" criteria, I have to give it more of a "Shows Promise" than an "Almost Perfect", with the caveat that I would like to enjoy it in a more contemplative setting to properly appreciate and evaluate its qualities. I do stronly agree with Shabba, that this is an interesting and unique start for Absinthes produced in the US.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Post a Comment