(Updated: August 14, 2008)
Overall rating

Appearance

Louche

Aroma

Flavor / Mouthfeel

Finish

Overall

My gracious thanks for the Sample so generously provided, as it was actually a pleasure to put my tastebuds to work on this one.

the Color is a bit dark.

the Louche is actually pretty nice, given the initial color, but could be a bit nicer if it started a bit lighter.

the Aroma is for me one of the strong suits of this particular offering. A decided citrusy element that is not at all unpleasant and invites additional sniffery. Smells lemony/tangeriney to me; my Wyfe and a friend said Orange Peel so I'll just say Citrus, in a strangely harmonic and not overpowering way.

the Flavor is in keeping with the Aroma (although the citrus element is mostly a nose thing), but maybe a lil' bit more Wormwood would help it along. Got a bit of the Juicy Fruit/Big Red thing, but not enough to put me off. Still quite nice.

the Finish wasn't unplesant, it could have lasted longer though.

Overall, I'd say go out and buy a bottle. It's the first domestic absinthe I've had that actually gets me there without any qualifiers thrown in. A nice traditional product but still individual, and I'm a guy who likes that.
B
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Post a Comment