There's nothing wrong with it.
Overall rating

Appearance

Louche

Aroma

Flavor / Mouthfeel

Finish

Overall

The absinthe is perfeclty clear with no discolouration and no debris or haze. It's the best a blanche can achieve. Before water the aroma is primarily bright, strong anise. It's a little grapey with a hint of wormwood. I don't think it has a grape base but some of those notes are being mimicked by something.

The louche is slow and a bit thin. With water it picks up a barely noticeable pale straw colour, but still smells of almost pure green anise. Wormwood sits well underneath. Actually reminds me of ouzo.

Tasting it, the overwhelming character is still anise, but there's finally some floral wormwood peeking through, as well as a slight fruitiness. Crisp and refreshing, but neither complex nor compelling.

The finish is a surprising hint of bitterness which seems daring compared to everything experienced so far, but is otherwise brief and flat.

This may actually be the least exciting absinthe I've ever had. There's no character or creativity whatsoever, but neither are there any flaws I can detect. It's just very okay.
A
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 1

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account