(Updated: January 23, 2010)
Overall rating

Appearance

Louche

Aroma

Flavor / Mouthfeel

Finish

Overall

I found the Pacifique to be well done, but it probably will never be a favorite of mine. It begins a pale shade of peridot. The color before water is attractive but not as intense as some other absinthes. With the addition of water, a pleasant louche forms. The final color is a very slightly greenish white, not very different from a typical blanche. The louche is a bit on the thin side.

The aroma of the Pacifique is its best feature. There is a nice, clean and delicate spice which is very pleasing. One detects a hint of pepper in the aroma, but nothing too intense or distracting. In the flavor and finish, the pepper comes through even more, and I was reminded a bit of Lucid, though Pacifique's flavor is more subtle and refined. The finish is very similar to the overall taste, with pepper being the predominant note.

Overall, I like this absinthe fairly well, and its certainly a good value for the money. However, it falls a bit short of the standard set by the top-tier absinthes available in the US.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 5

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Post a Comment