(Updated: October 08, 2011)
Overall rating

Appearance

Louche

Aroma

Flavor / Mouthfeel

Finish

Overall

Color: Pale but very bright emerald green. Natural and clear.

Louche: Beautiful trails, nice billowing clouds. Good separation line at the top. More thin than thick but not too much. Various shades of green and shots of blue throughout. Color after water is a nice pale natural green color, lots of nuance and depth.

Aroma: Bit of alcohol at first. Very light and perfumy but fills up the room when water is added. Aroma is mostly anise with an earthy element. Very appealing.

Flavor: While the flowery sweet perfume that came out in the aroma remains, tasting this absinthe brings out a much more complex flavour. It is spicier and softly bitter with more mentholated bitterness coming out. Balanced and complex. It’s floral, perfumy, spicy and mildly bitter. I wouldn’t want to change anything.

Finish: Mouthfeel could be a bit thicker. Slight tongue-numbing and a lingering bitterness that is not at all unpleasant. The sweet flowery notes disappear a bit in the finish while more bitterness comes out. This leads to spicy earthy tones. Lingers well.

Overall: I have to say that Mansinthe is an excellent commercial offering from the Matter distillery. Marilyn Manson obviously knows his absinthe and I am not surprised. There’s not much I would want to change about this absinthe. Excellent colour for a naturally coloured absinthe. If you’re not a fan of Mr. Manson do not let that keep you from buying this. I think a lot of people do not take him seriously based on his appearance but he is a serious artist and a very talented person. That also goes for Oliver Matter.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 5 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Post a Comment