(Updated: June 02, 2010)
Overall rating

Appearance

Louche

Aroma

Flavor / Mouthfeel

Finish

Overall

Sampled at 3.5:1 review modified after a couple more tastings, I like it more and more.

Color: I thought the color was quite attractive. More of a light leaf green than peridot, but it was clear and attractive. I didn't think it looked un-natural at all as others have...plenty of herbals can color in this manner.

Louche: Trails ended quickly as a cloud developed quickly and all at once rather than my preferred bottom up more dramatic way. Still, the color was quite nice when the louch was complete.

Aroma: Mainly Anise with a touch of wormwood. A bit of alcohol. After the louche, it opened up a bit, but not the diverse herbal and floral elements I look for.

Flavor: Quite tasty. The wormwood is much more present here than in the aroma. The in your face but tasty anise is big and borders on "Good N' Plenty", but I don't mind that. A great balance between sweet and bitter. A hint of mint, and light pepper. Not quite as creamy as I'd like unless at a lower dilution, where I felt more heat.

Finish: The finish works well with the flavor, anise fades to fennel with a mild bitter numbing that is pleasant, ending in the mildest powdery feel. Nothing extraordinary, but ties the drink together and makes you want more. Nice gentle linger.

A very decent absinthe, which is not a surprise as it comes from the Matter Distillery.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Post a Comment