La Maitresse Jaune?
Overall rating

Appearance

Louche

Aroma

Flavor / Mouthfeel

Finish

Overall

Appearance: The sample I tried was disappointingly yellow due to its age...a very bright golden color.

Louche: It's rather thin, more transparent than translucent. It has a bit of a yellowy cast and is somewhat milkier in the thicker parts of the glass, but overall very weak.

Aroma: It has a good, sweet and clean smell akin to some other good absinthes I enjoy, with a very nice balance of scents, although it is not particularly expansive.

Flavor: Spicy and peppery, with hints of cinnamon. It doesn't entirely taste like an absinthe, but bears a light resemblance to a few other absinthes I've had. Any dilutions less than what I tried were hot and overpowered by alcohol, but it was missing a solid flavor when the heat was gone.

Finish: Not unpleasant but not particularly memorable or lengthy, and no specific elements stuck out to me.

Overall: Sadly this doesn't seem to age well. This means that at the end of the day, when it's no longer beautifully colored it doesn't have the same visual appeal as other rouges, but also is lacking some of the finer characters found in a verte...this makes it hard to measure.
A
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Post a Comment