Unconventional success
Overall rating

Appearance

Louche

Aroma

Flavor / Mouthfeel

Finish

Overall

Appearance: A topaz-esque green and a little bit faded, but still in the right color family and tone.

Louche: Very lovely green and orange. Just the right thickness, and louched perfectly without much coaxing at all.

Aroma: There's a LOT going on here. Just from mulling over the odors I've noted hints of lemongrass, confection, thyme, something like menthol, coriander, pine resin, and something that reminds me of Christmas spices that makes my nose tingle.

Flavor/Mouthfeel: A lot going on here as well...wormwood, a peppery anise, fresh mown grass, rosemary, clean soil, cardamom, allspice, and a bit of a green tea astringency, all of this definitely leads to a lot of salivation and makes you want to keep drinking.

Finish: At the ratio I mixed the glass at, there's no alcohol heat but my tongue feels a bit like I've been eating peppers, probably from the anise bite, but there's also a sweet and minty length that's numbing the mouth.

Overall: This absinthe is bold and not particularly lady-like (and if I didn't know any better, there's some star anise in here too), and very un-traditional, but it's truly wonderful.
A
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account