(Updated: March 01, 2011)
Overall rating

Appearance

Louche

Aroma

Flavor / Mouthfeel

Finish

Overall

Revisited after almost a year of tasting. I modified the score up a tiny bit.

Sampled first at 3:1, with 1 sugar cube. A tiny bit of alcohol heat, Bringing it up to 4:1 was the key to lightening up this absinthe and bringing out it's softer elements. I like it best at 4:1. I no longer sugar blanches, and this is much better without sugar.

Color is perfectly water clear with no sediment.

Louche: Forms fairly quickly with distinct layering. Modest trails, but an evenly building billowy and smoky cloud from the bottom up. White tinged with blues and flashes of pinks while forming. A fairly thick milky louche.

Aroma, nice balanced anise and herbs. Fresh and clean.

Flavor was a tasty anise, a discreet yet quality wormwood and nice fennel are there, but it is a mellow and even ride, not one with a lot of spice and dazzle. A pleasant light white pepper edge. If you enjoy a rounded mellow blanche, you will certainly enjoy this.

Finish lingered nicely with anise and light peppery spice, with a slightly citrusy after-linger in the back of the mouth. Very creamy mouthfeel, even at 4:1.

Overall, this is a decent absinthe, and is safe intro into good blanches. I can see this would be a great absithe for mixing cocktails as well.

Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Post a Comment