Overall rating

Appearance

Louche

Aroma

Flavor / Mouthfeel

Finish

Overall

Distinctive Berger Clone

Color- Clear and inviting green that is edging more towards a straw-like color. A tad light compared to other Jade’s. No sediment in any of the glasses I’ve been pouring.

Louche- Good billowing oil trails starting at the bottom of my Pontarlier glass. It louches fast but ends with really nice blue refractions when looking at it in natural sunlight.

Aroma- Robust and creamy hyssop and fennel. The wormwood pokes out every now and than too and adds a great layer of complexity. Everything intertwines perfectly.

Flavor- Wormwood first and foremost. It lends a heavy but appropriate earthy/green bite. Candy-like anise towards the back of the throat is nice. The mouth feel may be just a tad too thin.

Finish- The wormwood starts off and eventually dies down to anise and reminds me of confectioners sugar. The anise stays for a while.

Overall- Extremely well crafted absinthe. Verte Suisse is really multi-faceted. A glass without sugar really brings out the complexities of the wormwood but when some sugar is used other herbs are brought out and the mouth feel is much more robust. I’d like to compare this to the original Berger pre-ban!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 1

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Post a Comment