(Updated: July 19, 2011)
Overall rating

Appearance

Louche

Aroma

Flavor / Mouthfeel

Finish

Overall

Color: I think the color is a perfect, clear green.

Louche: Slow drip yields dancing fireworks and oily storms followed by creaminess gradating upwards through the glass. Once fully louched it's fantastically creamy and maintains great color: milky pale greens and buttery yellows.

Aroma: Spicy and anise-heavy, very astringent and almost cinnamon-like before louched. The more water is added, the more the wormwood scent is released. I wasn't in awe over it's complexity.

Flavor: This is probably the first time ever I've been able to distinguish the flavor of fennel from the other flavors, which was exciting for me. Every time I took a drink to try to analyze the flavor further, I thought I was prepared but would be taken off guard every time, my tastebuds each like a mini Julie Andrews spinning around in a field of flower a la Sound of Music. Various attempts at tasting led to wild giggles, dramatic swooning, and sheer awe. It's completely sublime.

Finish: The flavor rounds into a very sweet almond-flavored finish lingering with a confectioner's sugar sweetness...absolutely wonderful.

Overall: This absinthe is rich and dessert-like, and unbelievably tasty. The bottle I sampled is from 2010.
A
Report this review Was this review helpful? 5 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Post a Comment