Highly complex absinthe
Overall rating

Appearance

Louche

Aroma

Flavor / Mouthfeel

Finish

Overall

Color: Clear peridot that edges towards gold under certain types of light. No sediment.

Louche: Impressive layering right away but it ends completely opaque after a 1:1 ratio which is pretty fast. Pearly opalescence at the end. Color retains a nice jade green in the middle with gold refractions at the edges under lamp light.

Aroma: Very herbaceous with anise and fennel up front. Wormwood and spices come next. Aroma is not particularly strong but it’s appropriate and sets up the flavor nicely.

Flavor: Highly concentrated flavor on the middle of your tongue. Fennel and anise lend a sweetness while wormwood spiciness (with some dill) pulls your palate in another direction. Slightly powdery at the end of the drink.

Finish: Dill, which I believe
comes from the wormwood is mixed with anise for a candy like finish. The wormwood finish lasts quite a while and is a welcome change of pace where absinthe finishes are merely anise.

Overall: Another winner from Jade. I’d rank this behind PF 1901 for my own personal tastes but Edouard is a bit more complex. This is an intense and satisfying absinthe.

Notes: September 2009 bottling used for review
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Post a Comment