(Updated: July 07, 2011)
Overall rating

Appearance

Louche

Aroma

Flavor / Mouthfeel

Finish

Overall

In the glass it's pale straw, maybe a hint of green. Clear with no haze, but could stand to have more depth. It smells fruity and grassy. Classic absinthe character but no classic herbs stand out, if that makes any sense.

The louche is fast and ends at skim milk thickness. The colour is soft, mint green with pearly refractions. Quite attractive. After water the aroma is nutty and powdery. Not as powerful as i'd like, but nice.

The taste is a perfect example of very nice balance; everything's there but it's all blended so well that nothing stands out except perhaps pontica. Tastes American in character, very refreshing and sweet. There's a subtle nuttiness that reminds me of a couple of Matter prototypes that had a marc base. (edit: I'm really beginning to notice the wormwood now, and it's minty and delicious.)

The finish is a bit numbing and anise dominated at first but develops balance again before the long fade.

I'm actually very impressed. I tend to be a bit suspicious of any Alandia product but this is an excellent absinthe.
A
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account