(Updated: January 05, 2013)
Overall rating

Appearance

Louche

Aroma

Flavor / Mouthfeel

Finish

Overall

*Edited after over a year of enjoying. I'm on my second bottle.
Enjoyed at 4:1, both with and without sugar.

Color was clear, natural and just the right shade of peridot, yellows and golds flashed at the facets of my glass like a gem. At 4:1 louche color was just the right shade of light green.

Louche had lovely thick slow trails giving way to wisps of smoke, then slow tendril-like clouds from the bottom up, with a clear defined layer. enjoyable and dramatic. The final louche was opalescent and a great light greenish-white.

Aroma was fresh and clean. As water is added, the wormwood and herbal elements become more clear. A promising aroma, and I couldn't wait to taste it.

Flavor is balanced and delicious. Anise and fennel with a lightly minty, floral wormwood . I enjoyed its light peppery spice and slight citrus tang...very yummy. It has quite a bit of perfume, which some will love, others not.

The finish was really nice; it starts with a spicy pinch on the tongue and roof of the mouth, and builds nicely. Assertive, but elegant. Complex herbals, spice and citrus fading to powder and distinct fennel.

This is a focused absinthe statement, and a good one. I would like to always have a bottle on hand.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account