Thickness.
Overall rating

Appearance

Louche

Aroma

Flavor / Mouthfeel

Finish

Overall

Appearance: On the darker and heavier side of peridot. Clean, clear, and appearing dead leaf.

Louche: Way too thick. Unlike other star anise efforts that leave at least some translucence, this is straight up opaque. It looks like a monotone, thick, yellow milk.

Aroma: Star anise and coriander backed up by some wormwood. At first it doesn't seem too complex but with some searching you can find unbalanced citrus and fall spice notes digging under the repressive badine wall.

Flavor: Again, the star anise seems to block the complexity that this absinthe has. I hear soft screams of a sugary-citrus, baking spice, and a wormwood flavor behind the locked jail door.

Finish: The finish is appropriate in length but carries a slight astringency and leaves my tongue feeling like I ate too much candy. Not bad but not good.

Overall: This is drinkable but nothing I would go through any trouble to obtain. The star anise use is unbalanced and causes the drinker to put an effort into finding other flavors. The spice use seems interesting, I just wish it was more balanced.
E
Top 10 Reviewer 70 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 7

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account