(Updated: July 25, 2012)
Overall rating

Appearance

Louche

Aroma

Flavor / Mouthfeel

Finish

Overall

Appearance: Very bright and clean light golden green hues.

Louche: Starting immediately as a low lying fog bank working upwards to fully louched at 1/1. Continuing on all the way to 5/1 to a thickly opaque milky green.

Aroma: Fennel, fennel, and lots of fennel. Crisp and clean anise and a hint of violets maybe? Definitely a Delaware Phoenix product.

Flavor: Sharp at 3/1. More balanced at 4/1. Perfect at 5/1. Like I said, fennel, fennel; and lots of it. Not off putting at all. Very nice Artemesia and a lightly sweet anise. high quality.
A very delicious dryness adds to the flavor.

Mouthfeel: Very smooth clean and light at 5/1. Easy on the tongue. Very refreshing. A slight dryness. Nice balance

Finish: Gets your mind to thinking about the wind in your face on a warm summer day. Nice and tangy. Makes me click my tongue. Sticks to the roof of your mouth like peanut butter for a minute and then fades away making me reach for my glass again.

Overall: A really tasty absinthe from Delaware Phoenix that I wish was a full time offering. A good cross, in my mind, of Meadow of Love and Walton Waters with a little extra "umph".
S
Report this review Was this review helpful? 5 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account