Style but no Substance
Overall rating

Appearance

Louche

Aroma

Flavor / Mouthfeel

Finish

Overall

Appearance: The deep and dark color has faded to a natural amber hue. It's clear and clean but also dark.

Louche: Extremely thin. The louche started well but ended up way too thin. It does actually louche and at 112 proof be careful not to overwater, but even accounting for that it is thin.

Aroma: Flowery and herbal dominant. I smell the promising tones of the usual absinthe trinity as well as something spicy. The overall herbal bill smells suspiciously cheap though, as if the herbs weren't properly cured. Although I don't know for sure so don't just take my word on that.

Flavor: The bitter and tangy floral hibiscus dominates this absinthe. The traditional absinthe flavors are barely there and in the background. This is way out of balance and seems more like a hibiscus drink than absinthe.

Finish: The bitterness fades away rather quickly leaving a slight but more pleasing finish. Otherwise not much to go home writing about.

Overall: The aroma got my hopes up but this honestly seems like an amateurish effort, and a bit gimmicky being a Rouge and the only absinthe this distillery produces.
E
Top 10 Reviewer 70 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account