(Updated: July 04, 2011)
Overall rating

Appearance

Louche

Aroma

Flavor / Mouthfeel

Finish

Overall

Color: The clarity is exemplary with a natural peridot green. Textbook presentation here!

Louche: Active swirls that melt into clouds with some nice layering when the louche nears completion. Thick but translucent when complete. Again this is textbook.

Aroma: The absinthe trio is right up front with complexity in the back. Some vanilla and a little spicyness. Nice and strong but not overpowering.

Flavor: The flavor starts out crisp light and sweet. The layers display some here and there but not much with a traditional absinthe flavor dominating. A little too weak and light for my taste but still very well done.

Finish: The finish warms up immediately and lasts a good while with a bitter pop at the end. It starts sweet and spicy and ends smooth and bitter. Cool almost “two stage” effect.

Overall: Amazing presentation with the color, louche, and aroma. The taste is good but a little weak for me and the finish is a nice two step gradient. Needs to work on the strength of the flavor and it could easily start competing with my favorites.
E
Top 10 Reviewer 70 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Post a Comment