Delicious.
Overall rating

Appearance

Louche

Aroma

Flavor / Mouthfeel

Finish

Overall

Color: The color of my Blanchette came out to be perfectly clear. As clear as the glass, with the very slightest of glittering particles in it. I've been reading about the beauty of a martini is because of how "still" and crystal it is...the color is definitely like that.

Louche: Slowly brewing storms, wispy smoke trails; the creaminess will rise from the bottom to fill the glass, only to have a thicker, more opaque white rise to fill the glass again...I saw this happen two or three times, finally transforming to a glowing, pure white. Really beautiful.

Aroma: My first reaction was "WHOA!" The aroma is very expansive, with peppery, warm anise and a "murkiness", followed by a nice dose of lemon balm.

Flavor: Sweet and warm and a bit of a "tang". I experienced many of the physical qualities I feel from taking a shot of alcohol, but without the bad taste, wincing, or pain. I had to take care not to overwater though; with the addition of more water, the anise was more pronounced but it loses the good qualities from the alcohol and just begins to taste more like alcohol.

Finish: Fresh and numb, continued "tanginess". The feeling sticks around for a while, but sadly, the flavors don't stick around for long.

Overall: Very clean and smooth. I'd call this a good, solid blanche.
A
Report this review Was this review helpful? 4 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Post a Comment