(Updated: January 05, 2013)
Overall rating

Appearance

Louche

Aroma

Flavor / Mouthfeel

Finish

Overall

Color: Perfectly clear with no sediment. It looked like nothing was in the glass.

Louche: A superior louche. This builds at a pace that is neither too slow nor too fast, just right! Rolling clouds and bits of smoky wisps. Opalescent and just the right thickness.

Aroma: Delicate alpine aroma with quality wormwood and anise are very inviting. Clean, crisp and fresh.

Flavor: It's nice to taste wormwood up front in a blanche! The anise is clear and present as well, in a refined, sweet harmony. A light peppery spice and citrus edge. Delicious.

Finish: Wonderful. Wormwood is clear here as in the flavor and aroma. It pulls at you, building slowly to a light pinch on the tongue with a light spice and citrus that hangs in there nicely, then slowly fades.

Overall: It's refreshing and very tasty. If you normally don't like blanches, you may enjoy this, as it's a bit different than most.

*EDIT: I changed the louche to a 5 from a 4. I'm now on my 2nd bottle, and the louche is better than I first realized. This is one of my 3 top blanches, La Maison Fontaine and Blanche traditionelee being the other 2. Blanchette is in good company.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Post a Comment