(Updated: December 01, 2013)
Overall rating

Appearance

Louche

Aroma

Flavor / Mouthfeel

Finish

Overall

Appearance: Clear, bright and natural with no visible sediment.

Louche: This thing gets active VERY quickly. Louche starts building from the very first drops. Fully louched by 1:1. Well formed and deep.

Aroma: The typical aromas that you'll find from many VdT absinthes (nice balance of anise, fennel, and minty wormwood), but with the addition of the alpine crispness of Genepi. It wakes you up and lets you know that this isn't the same VdT La Bleue that you might be accustomed to.

Flavor/Mouthfeel: Anise is turned down a bit compared to many La Bleues, yielding the floor to nice crisp wormwood and the undeniable flavors of medicinal, rooty, alpine Genepi. It still has much of the same character as your typical VdT brand, but the presence of the Genepi definitely sets this apart.

Finish: Minty and floral with the characteristic notes of alpine herbs. Not as numbing as many of its contemporaries.

Overall: Admittedly, I wasn't looking forward to reviewing yet another La Bleue, which tend to all blend together at times. But the Genepi helps to set this apart a bit and create a more interesting and enjoyable absinthe. I'm happy that I decided to take the leap and try this one out.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 5 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account