Overall rating

Appearance

Louche

Aroma

Flavor / Mouthfeel

Finish

Overall

Color- Deep peridot- spot on with no sediment
Louche- Light green and gold refractions. Not overly thick and some green & gold refractions are present under natural sunlight

Aroma- Wormwood first and foremost. Crisp with hints of fennel. Some flowery notes. I think it’s very expansive though I would like more complexity in my opinion.

Flavor- Wormwood and tea-like hints. Masculine but includes some flowery tones that remind me of L’Italienne. Fruity and velvety at first, then it dies down more crisp and spicy. Not sure if it’s coriander or not but I like it. Extremely complex and rich (with correct watering)

Finish- The finish lasts forever. Fruity wormwood remains concentrated on the middle of the tongue with spicy notes. Very impressive as I’ve found most finishes in other absinthes are anise-heavy to my palate.

Overall- Powerpbacked absinthe. One of the best I’ve tried. I’ll let the bottle age a bit and re-review. I’d recommend picking up a few more bottles for the absinthe cellar.

I’d recommend no more than a 3 to 1 water ratio. It’s still a great absinthe at higher dilutions, but the herbal ‘pop’ might be lost, as indicated by other reviewers.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account