A step in the right direction
Overall rating

Appearance

Louche

Aroma

Flavor / Mouthfeel

Finish

Overall

Color: Pleasant and attractive. No sediment in this bottle, but it was just a tad too dark.

Louche: Attractive and correct. A bit too thin, but not thin enough to give it a 3. (note: I typically use a fountain with ice cold water and a moderate/slow drip, which tends to bring out the louche moreso than what some other people would do.)

Aroma: Fruity and fresh, but again, a bit light. Not a lot of anise. Still inviting though.

Flavor: Very light and a touch citrusy. I could use more of both anise and wormwood. It's still tasty and refreshing, but it's not really pushing any envelopes.

Finish: I think a bit more anise would add both a greater depth of flavor, but also a finish that would linger more.

Overall: A perfectly adequate offering, but there's not a lot that distinguishes it from its peers. Enjoyable enough, and certainly a good 'starter absinthe'. I'm a bit surprised at how safe they played it, given the strong flavors of their other products. A step in the right direction though. Lots of promise.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Post a Comment