(Updated: January 05, 2013)
Overall rating

Appearance

Louche

Aroma

Flavor / Mouthfeel

Finish

Overall

This edit reflects the latest batch I purchased in 2012, which was aged in oak. It is simply amazing.

What a wonderful, delicious absinthe! The first thing I noticed was the deep emerald color, deeper than any I've had so far. Clear and chrystaline, natural and lovely. After louche it was the perfect shade of green. The louche was dazzling and enjoyable to watch. Swirls of smoke and distinct layers. Thick and inviting.

The aroma was really special as well, florals and fruit mix with the anise and wormwood. Gentle, fresh, and crisp aromas wafted up as water was added.
A lovely aroma, and I would have given it a 5 were it a tad more room filling.

Flavor...wow! So nice. Distinct and powerful. At lower dilutons like 3:1 or 3.5 :1
I found it a little too vegetal, but once I went to 4:1. and even 5:1, it opened up like a flower. Sweet, refined and balanced. The anise and wormwood are so well matched, the fennel right behind. The fruity and lighly spicy elements dance around in your mouth. Quality elements.

The finish was very clean and tasty. Plenty of fennel here, with fruity overtones and a delicious anise. A gentle build and slow fade. As I liked this absinthe at a higher dilution, the finish was not quite as strong as it might be at a lower one. I was close to giving it a 5

I really like this. I enjoyed it most between 4:1 and 5:1, with one sugar. This is an absinthe everyone should try.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Post a Comment