(Updated: May 13, 2009)
Overall rating

Appearance

Louche

Aroma

Flavor / Mouthfeel

Finish

Overall

Color- Very natural Green/yellow color. Deeper than an olive oil. Of coarse it's not a vivid peridot but I like the change of pace from the PF1901.

Louche- Great oil trails. At about 1/1 the reservoir is thick yellow/white & the top of the glass has thick white tendrils falling through the original unlouched color of green/yellow. Very nice.

Aroma- Citrusy with a medicinal wormwood smell. Light amounts of fennel, anise & other herbs I can't make out are present. Maybe the Citrus comes from coriander?

Flavor- Again it tastes like it smells. Fennel and anise in the background rounded out with the wormwood. Citrusy right off the top. I think the flavors could have been more 'rounded' or 'soft'. Maybe I'm just not as familiar with this flavor profile type.

The finish is probably the best part of this absinthe. The flavor stays on my tongue for what seems like forever. Citrusy (again) with a slight tongue numbing and 'bite'. The bite is just perfect however.

I really enjoyed this absinthe. I could see myself continuing to drink it on special occasions. Actually I'd like to drink it daily if the Visa balance wasn't so high..........

La Coquette was enjoyed with 3.5 parts water and a sugar cube.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Post a Comment