Far from the red-headed stepchild
Overall rating

Appearance

Louche

Aroma

Flavor / Mouthfeel

Finish

Overall

Its hard to rate something that is different from "the norm". But this absinthe stands apart. The color is obviously much different than the average... but this "Fee Rouge" can stand proud. When first opening the bottle the aroma comes out clean and "clear", as best as I can describe it. It is strongly anise but not overpoweringly so. In the glass the color is clear & bold red, no sediment and no cloud. The louche is amazing. Nothing slow or dainty - it starts immediately and within about 2.5:1 you have a glass of pale peach. I used sugar in mine but I believe it is probably not necessary, the flavors are mild enough to not require sweetening. The flavor is layered - the anise is prevalent, but the wormwood is also present. The finish was wonderful, no after taste, no hidden "tang" that makes you wonder if the glass was properly washed. It was a great clean experience. The alcohol itself was "underpowering", so that when I started to get my buzz on it made me feel all warm and fuzzy and totally disinterested in getting off the sofa!
D
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 1

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Post a Comment