Review Detail

All Product Reviews » Traditional Absinthe
This was my first time trying a Spanish absinthe, and I went into it a bit concerned about the purported "mint" flavor of this drink. In that regard, however, my concerns were misplaced.

The color before water was a nice but unremarkable green, somewhere between peridot and olive. After water, the drink louches to an equally unremarkable yellow jade. The louche itself forms very rapidly, without the thick, rope-like oil trails of other brands, and my sense was the louche developed somewhat too quickly to be entirely proper.

The aroma, flavor, and finish are all good. I found this absinthe heavier on wormwood and with less emphasis on anise than other varieties I've tried. In that regard, it is like Lucid, though overall it's better and does not have Lucid's peppery notes. The finish is also good: a nice, lingering bitterness.

Overall, a good offering and one I'll continue to enjoy.
Overall rating 

Appearance 

Louche 

Aroma 

Flavor / Mouthfeel 

Finish 

Overall 

Reviewed by marlow September 15, 2008
Last updated: December 21, 2008
Top 10 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (35)

A sound offering...

This was my first time trying a Spanish absinthe, and I went into it a bit concerned about the purported "mint" flavor of this drink. In that regard, however, my concerns were misplaced.

The color before water was a nice but unremarkable green, somewhere between peridot and olive. After water, the drink louches to an equally unremarkable yellow jade. The louche itself forms very rapidly, without the thick, rope-like oil trails of other brands, and my sense was the louche developed somewhat too quickly to be entirely proper.

The aroma, flavor, and finish are all good. I found this absinthe heavier on wormwood and with less emphasis on anise than other varieties I've tried. In that regard, it is like Lucid, though overall it's better and does not have Lucid's peppery notes. The finish is also good: a nice, lingering bitterness.

Overall, a good offering and one I'll continue to enjoy.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

To write a comment please register or