Review Detail

All Product Reviews » Traditional Absinthe
Color: Unlike some bottles that I've seen with a yellow tinge to them, this bottle was clear and bright with no visible sediment.

Louche: Very well formed and thick. Deep and milky opalescence with just a hint of blueish hue. Very inviting.

Aroma: Nice, refreshing alpine aroma. The wormwood comes out well, and the anise plays a great supporting role.

Flavor: At first sip, the wormwood is prominant with vegetal undertones. The anise is well balanced and not cloying. Overall, the blending of the herbs creates a very nice marriage of sweetness and bitterness.

Finish: Clean and crisp with an enjoyable lingering taste of wormwood.

Overall: This is a very nice blanche. Whenever I am in the mood for a blanche, this is the first one I think of.
Overall rating 

Appearance 

Louche 

Aroma 

Flavor / Mouthfeel 

Finish 

Overall 

Reviewed by Brian Robinson May 13, 2008
Last updated: July 09, 2010
#1 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (165)

A very nice Blanche

Color: Unlike some bottles that I've seen with a yellow tinge to them, this bottle was clear and bright with no visible sediment.

Louche: Very well formed and thick. Deep and milky opalescence with just a hint of blueish hue. Very inviting.

Aroma: Nice, refreshing alpine aroma. The wormwood comes out well, and the anise plays a great supporting role.

Flavor: At first sip, the wormwood is prominant with vegetal undertones. The anise is well balanced and not cloying. Overall, the blending of the herbs creates a very nice marriage of sweetness and bitterness.

Finish: Clean and crisp with an enjoyable lingering taste of wormwood.

Overall: This is a very nice blanche. Whenever I am in the mood for a blanche, this is the first one I think of.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

To write a comment please register or