Review Detail

All Product Reviews » Retired Brands
Color: I LOVE the color of this absinthe. A nice, dark, peridot. Very inviting.

Louche: The louche builds nice and thick with great trails. Not quite opalescent, but so so close.

Aroma: Clean and refreshing with floral and earth notes. Reminiscent of a forest after a spring rain. High quality anise comes through well.

Flavor: Vegetal and sweet rounded out with nice anise and minty wormwood. Herbaceous.

Finish: A tad bit hot, but I think that might be due more to underwatering than anything else. The refreshing bitterness from the wormwood stays on the tongue for a while. The sweetness of the anise recedes rather quickly, leaving only the wormwood.

Overall: I was very pleasantly surprised with this absinthe. Not having heard much about it, I think it's worthy of being in ANY absinthe collection.
Overall rating 

Appearance 

Louche 

Aroma 

Flavor / Mouthfeel 

Finish 

Overall 

Reviewed by Brian Robinson September 10, 2008
#1 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (165)

Very nice stuff, indeed.

Color: I LOVE the color of this absinthe. A nice, dark, peridot. Very inviting.

Louche: The louche builds nice and thick with great trails. Not quite opalescent, but so so close.

Aroma: Clean and refreshing with floral and earth notes. Reminiscent of a forest after a spring rain. High quality anise comes through well.

Flavor: Vegetal and sweet rounded out with nice anise and minty wormwood. Herbaceous.

Finish: A tad bit hot, but I think that might be due more to underwatering than anything else. The refreshing bitterness from the wormwood stays on the tongue for a while. The sweetness of the anise recedes rather quickly, leaving only the wormwood.

Overall: I was very pleasantly surprised with this absinthe. Not having heard much about it, I think it's worthy of being in ANY absinthe collection.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

To write a comment please register or