Review Detail

All Product Reviews » Absinthe Substitutes
Color- Fake Looking. Attractive but just too neon. No sediment. No surprises considering artificial coloring is utilized.

Louche- Decent swirling clouds dropping form the top of the glass. I didn’t expect that.

Aroma- Just a small amount of anise and its almost undetectable.

Flavor- All that I detect is star anise. Really one-dimensional. There isn’t anything offensive about the taste but we can say the same thing about water.

Finish- Slight numbing. The finish is really bitter and drying. Unpleasant with the one-dimensional anise note.

Overall- If you get stuck with a bottle (I did for my birthday- thanks anyway bro) use it for some anise based drinks. No need to buy with all of the quality offerings available.

Overall rating 

Appearance 

Louche 

Aroma 

Flavor / Mouthfeel 

Finish 

Overall 

Reviewed by accountant May 10, 2009
Top 50 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (25)

Meh....

Color- Fake Looking. Attractive but just too neon. No sediment. No surprises considering artificial coloring is utilized.

Louche- Decent swirling clouds dropping form the top of the glass. I didn’t expect that.

Aroma- Just a small amount of anise and its almost undetectable.

Flavor- All that I detect is star anise. Really one-dimensional. There isn’t anything offensive about the taste but we can say the same thing about water.

Finish- Slight numbing. The finish is really bitter and drying. Unpleasant with the one-dimensional anise note.

Overall- If you get stuck with a bottle (I did for my birthday- thanks anyway bro) use it for some anise based drinks. No need to buy with all of the quality offerings available.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

To write a comment please register or