Copyright 2018 - Custom text here

Review Detail

Edouard Pernod
Vintage Absinthe
This was the most incredibly complex, aromatic (a real cigar absinthe, similar to Berger), and savory absinthe I have ever had the privilege to sample. That being said, there was something very blanche-like about it, from the gorgeous pale/minty-green color, to the extremely delicate, and yet incredibly assertive aroma...yes, I know that I seem to be typing oxymorons, but that is the only way I know to even attempt to describe this enigmatic wonder....totally room filling perfumed fragrance that also absolutely co-opted the senses. The flavor did likewise, and by the finish, my palate was permeated with the most floral, perfumy sensations I had EVER experienced from ANY beverage, alcoholic, or otherwise...this nectar actually eclipsed the Pernod Fils 1914 for me, and I was in a fugue state for about two hours, just groovin' on the insanely long finish!
Overall rating 

Appearance 

Louche 

Aroma 

Flavor / Mouthfeel 

Finish 

Overall 

Reviewed by Absomphe November 22, 2007
Last updated: August 18, 2009
Top 50 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (26)

Nirvana

This was the most incredibly complex, aromatic (a real cigar absinthe, similar to Berger), and savory absinthe I have ever had the privilege to sample. That being said, there was something very blanche-like about it, from the gorgeous pale/minty-green color, to the extremely delicate, and yet incredibly assertive aroma...yes, I know that I seem to be typing oxymorons, but that is the only way I know to even attempt to describe this enigmatic wonder....totally room filling perfumed fragrance that also absolutely co-opted the senses. The flavor did likewise, and by the finish, my palate was permeated with the most floral, perfumy sensations I had EVER experienced from ANY beverage, alcoholic, or otherwise...this nectar actually eclipsed the Pernod Fils 1914 for me, and I was in a fugue state for about two hours, just groovin' on the insanely long finish!

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account