Copyright 2017 - Custom text here

Review Detail

Un Emile 45
Traditional Absinthe
Appearance: Thin and pale, but not unattractive.

Louche: Good color, but also thin. Could use more anethol.

Aroma: Very nice wormwood aroma balanced with a hint of anise.

Flavor: Rooty with just a hint of wormwood and anise. Not a bad flavor, but I kept sipping, hoping to taste more. It's thin, even at 2:1.

Finish: Again, I can't keep from mentioning thinness. Watered down anise with a bit of spiciness.

Overall: Very basic, but shows promise. Quality ingredients are obviously there, but everything seems to be used sparingly. I don't think this could be used in a cocktail, as there really wouldn't be much flavor coming through, so keep this one strictly for the normal preparation.
Overall rating 

Appearance 

Louche 

Aroma 

Flavor / Mouthfeel 

Finish 

Overall 

Reviewed by Brian Robinson July 09, 2011
#1 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (211)

Absinthe light

Appearance: Thin and pale, but not unattractive.

Louche: Good color, but also thin. Could use more anethol.

Aroma: Very nice wormwood aroma balanced with a hint of anise.

Flavor: Rooty with just a hint of wormwood and anise. Not a bad flavor, but I kept sipping, hoping to taste more. It's thin, even at 2:1.

Finish: Again, I can't keep from mentioning thinness. Watered down anise with a bit of spiciness.

Overall: Very basic, but shows promise. Quality ingredients are obviously there, but everything seems to be used sparingly. I don't think this could be used in a cocktail, as there really wouldn't be much flavor coming through, so keep this one strictly for the normal preparation.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account