Copyright 2017 - Custom text here

Review Detail

Duplais Balance
Traditional Absinthe

For me, it was just right at 3:1. I tried 4:1 , and liked it both ways. You may not need sugar with this one, I found it just right with none.

Color is a lovely and natural crystal clear peridot. Gem-like and magical looking.
After louche, it is a beautiful shade of light green.

Louche: Wonderful. Dramatic curling trails give way to smoke and clouds with a clear fat layer on top right to the very end. A nice translucent louche at 4:1.

Aroma: Clean crisp balanced and inviting. As I added water, it filled the room.

Flavor: Quality wormwood and anise in a wonderful balance. The herbal and spice character is very tasty and refreshing. Nothing overwhelms. Very sweet and dessert-like, with no heavy or earthy edges. A gentle crisp delicious taste.

Finish: A very nice finish with a light pull and build. it ends with a sweet and spicy tingle in the back of the mouth and tip of the tongue.

Overall: I wish it were available in the USA! A very solid enjoyable absinthe that I'd buy regularly if it were available here.
Overall rating 

Appearance 

Louche 

Aroma 

Flavor / Mouthfeel 

Finish 

Overall 

Reviewed by Scott M. March 19, 2010
Last updated: January 05, 2013
Top 10 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (64)

Quite a Balancing Act!

For me, it was just right at 3:1. I tried 4:1 , and liked it both ways. You may not need sugar with this one, I found it just right with none.

Color is a lovely and natural crystal clear peridot. Gem-like and magical looking.
After louche, it is a beautiful shade of light green.

Louche: Wonderful. Dramatic curling trails give way to smoke and clouds with a clear fat layer on top right to the very end. A nice translucent louche at 4:1.

Aroma: Clean crisp balanced and inviting. As I added water, it filled the room.

Flavor: Quality wormwood and anise in a wonderful balance. The herbal and spice character is very tasty and refreshing. Nothing overwhelms. Very sweet and dessert-like, with no heavy or earthy edges. A gentle crisp delicious taste.

Finish: A very nice finish with a light pull and build. it ends with a sweet and spicy tingle in the back of the mouth and tip of the tongue.

Overall: I wish it were available in the USA! A very solid enjoyable absinthe that I'd buy regularly if it were available here.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account