Overall rating 

Appearance 

Louche 

Aroma 

Flavor / Mouthfeel 

Finish 

Overall 

Bottom line: this absinthe is great.

Color is a very attractive fuille morte which really reminds one more of a vintage brand than a currently available brand.

The louche is the only drawback to this absinthe. I myself enjoy a well formed, thick louche, but Belle Amie tends to be a bit weak, and subject to very easy overwatering. You have to use VERY cold water and a slow drip to be able to coax it out. At full dilution, the louche is a relatively opaque greenish brown, but not opalescent.

The aroma is stunning. It's got such a fresh, spicy herbal quality to it with strong scents of high quality wormwood. It's light on the anise but makes up for that with a boquet of floral essenses.

The taste is very refreshing. Lots of herbal character with high quality wormwood mintiness and great vegetal undertones. The coriander adds a great depth of flavor.

The finish is long and lovely. It will stay with you for a long long time and makes you want more.

Overall, this absinthe was a welcome addition to my collection. Although there are potential problems with overwatering, when it's done just right, it's one of the most memorable CO absinthes out there.
BR
#1 Reviewer 215 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 11 2

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
f t g m