Copyright 2018 - Custom text here

Review Detail

Faux Absinthe
I recently found this item on ebay and loved it! I've tried a few nice absinthes that I had to have shipped from overseas and ended paying $100 or more for, and I tried one I found in the liquor store for about $70 that wasn't so great. I can only afford to do that every six months or so. Now I can have absinthe year-round. It only cost about $12 after shipping and mixes well with both vodka and everclear. I end up buying what evers cheapest at the liquor store (usually vodka). It's also fun to make. They make a rouge which is really nice and a blanc which I haven't tried yet. I was surprised that it actually louches and didn't taste like cough syrup. I've bought this at least 4 times now and will definitely buy again. Highly recommend for the bargain hunter.
Overall rating 

Appearance 

Louche 

Aroma 

Flavor / Mouthfeel 

Finish 

Overall 

Reviewed by Wormy August 23, 2008
Top 500 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (1)

Awesome Bargain

I recently found this item on ebay and loved it! I've tried a few nice absinthes that I had to have shipped from overseas and ended paying $100 or more for, and I tried one I found in the liquor store for about $70 that wasn't so great. I can only afford to do that every six months or so. Now I can have absinthe year-round. It only cost about $12 after shipping and mixes well with both vodka and everclear. I end up buying what evers cheapest at the liquor store (usually vodka). It's also fun to make. They make a rouge which is really nice and a blanc which I haven't tried yet. I was surprised that it actually louches and didn't taste like cough syrup. I've bought this at least 4 times now and will definitely buy again. Highly recommend for the bargain hunter.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account