Review Detail

All Product Reviews » Traditional Absinthe
Color: A nice, grassy green, but not too green. I think it might be a little light, but it's definitely natural.

Louche: The louche is a little fast and thin (thinness definitely noticeable in the mouth,) but a pretty pearly greenish-blue.

Aroma: Chocolatey sweet, with a very fresh anise scent, fennel, and a little bit of wormwood at the end.

Flavor: I can't quite place the "green" flavor that it has, and there's a hint of soil and earthiness, with some wormwood near the end.

Finish: Nice and fresh, lingering for a little while, with a pleasing flavor.

Overall: This is something I'd rank into my "everyday" type of absinthes. It's not particularly complex or interesting, but it's not at all unpleasant or undrinkable. Definitely a good jumping off point for someone interested in trying absinthe or looking for an introduction to Matter-Luginbühl products. It's not one that I'm hugely excited about, now that I've shifted to much more complex products, but definitely good to have around the house.
Overall rating 

Appearance 

Louche 

Aroma 

Flavor / Mouthfeel 

Finish 

Overall 

Reviewed by Amber Peter July 06, 2011
Top 10 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (58)

Meh-sinthe.

Color: A nice, grassy green, but not too green. I think it might be a little light, but it's definitely natural.

Louche: The louche is a little fast and thin (thinness definitely noticeable in the mouth,) but a pretty pearly greenish-blue.

Aroma: Chocolatey sweet, with a very fresh anise scent, fennel, and a little bit of wormwood at the end.

Flavor: I can't quite place the "green" flavor that it has, and there's a hint of soil and earthiness, with some wormwood near the end.

Finish: Nice and fresh, lingering for a little while, with a pleasing flavor.

Overall: This is something I'd rank into my "everyday" type of absinthes. It's not particularly complex or interesting, but it's not at all unpleasant or undrinkable. Definitely a good jumping off point for someone interested in trying absinthe or looking for an introduction to Matter-Luginbühl products. It's not one that I'm hugely excited about, now that I've shifted to much more complex products, but definitely good to have around the house.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

To write a comment please register or