Review Detail

All Product Reviews » Traditional Absinthe
Color: Nice green color. Not much depth but amazing clarity.

Louche: Pretty louche and quick to cloud. By full finish it is a bit thin and retains some original coloration.

Aroma: Sweet crisp and fresh. Anise with some peppery smell and I can swear I smell chocolate lurking there in the background.

Flavor: Very green taste. Crisp and light with fennel out more than anise. Wormwood and some earthy tastes hidden a bit. Again I could swear there is a bit of chocolate in it. The overall flavor is a tad weak even at a lower ratio.

Finish: Something chalky is noticeable and unusual. There is a sweet rush that fades quickly to a slight bitterness that numbs a bit. Chalky funk lingers longer than anything else though.

Overall: Not bad but not astounding. It's a traditional flavor with a bit of surprise here and there. Good absinthe for beginners or those wishing to start branching out from the one or two they've already had.
Overall rating 

Appearance 

Louche 

Aroma 

Flavor / Mouthfeel 

Finish 

Overall 

Reviewed by Evan Camomile July 04, 2011
Top 50 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (67)

Coma Verte

Color: Nice green color. Not much depth but amazing clarity.

Louche: Pretty louche and quick to cloud. By full finish it is a bit thin and retains some original coloration.

Aroma: Sweet crisp and fresh. Anise with some peppery smell and I can swear I smell chocolate lurking there in the background.

Flavor: Very green taste. Crisp and light with fennel out more than anise. Wormwood and some earthy tastes hidden a bit. Again I could swear there is a bit of chocolate in it. The overall flavor is a tad weak even at a lower ratio.

Finish: Something chalky is noticeable and unusual. There is a sweet rush that fades quickly to a slight bitterness that numbs a bit. Chalky funk lingers longer than anything else though.

Overall: Not bad but not astounding. It's a traditional flavor with a bit of surprise here and there. Good absinthe for beginners or those wishing to start branching out from the one or two they've already had.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

To write a comment please register or