Review Detail

All Product Reviews » Traditional Absinthe
This absinthe was reviewed on 1/31/11. Water was hand-poured from a pitcher and one sugar cube was used.

Appearance: Crystal clear and brilliant; free of any particulate matter or floaters

Louche: Nearly opaque, opalescent, attractive, not too thick

Aroma: Lots of wormwood and an earthy animale scent that I find present in better absinthes; sweet herbs, very room-penetrating

Flavor: Strong presence of wormwood, a nice amount of spice, these flavors flow into sweet fennel and anise

Finish: Medium length, continued sweetness and spice on the tongue

Overall: A very solid, pleasant blanche with plenty of wormwood character and spiciness. I would consider this a go-to blanche for regular consumption in my household.
Overall rating 

Appearance 

Louche 

Aroma 

Flavor / Mouthfeel 

Finish 

Overall 

Reviewed by jcbphd April 02, 2011
Top 1000 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (3)

An Enjoyable Blanch with Plenty of Wormwood and Sp

This absinthe was reviewed on 1/31/11. Water was hand-poured from a pitcher and one sugar cube was used.

Appearance: Crystal clear and brilliant; free of any particulate matter or floaters

Louche: Nearly opaque, opalescent, attractive, not too thick

Aroma: Lots of wormwood and an earthy animale scent that I find present in better absinthes; sweet herbs, very room-penetrating

Flavor: Strong presence of wormwood, a nice amount of spice, these flavors flow into sweet fennel and anise

Finish: Medium length, continued sweetness and spice on the tongue

Overall: A very solid, pleasant blanche with plenty of wormwood character and spiciness. I would consider this a go-to blanche for regular consumption in my household.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

To write a comment please register or