Review Detail

All Product Reviews » Traditional Absinthe
Color: Clear, no visible sediment. Disclosure: For blanches, if there are no visible defects, I give a 4 instead of a 5. I only reserve a 5 score for perfectly colored Vertes, as it's more difficult to achieve and I like to reward that.

Louche: Nice layering. Quick to start. Fully louched by about 1:1. The final color is attractive and opaque, but not as deep as something like CLB.

Aroma: Sweet and light with some earthiness. A typical blanche aroma, but a bit more muted than some.

Flavor: Well balanced but fairly light in flavor. There is a nice spiciness towards the end.

Finish: Not a lot of anise or wormwood, but the spice stays around for a little while. I'd like the flavor to hang around longer.

Overall: Not a bad drink at all, yet a bit basic. It's a little to lightly flavored for me. The only thing I really pick up is the spiciness. Everything else is pretty muted. Price point is coming in around $50, which makes this a good buy.
Overall rating 

Appearance 

Louche 

Aroma 

Flavor / Mouthfeel 

Finish 

Overall 

Reviewed by Brian Robinson April 25, 2009
Last updated: April 28, 2009
#1 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (167)

Another decent blanche in the US

Color: Clear, no visible sediment. Disclosure: For blanches, if there are no visible defects, I give a 4 instead of a 5. I only reserve a 5 score for perfectly colored Vertes, as it's more difficult to achieve and I like to reward that.

Louche: Nice layering. Quick to start. Fully louched by about 1:1. The final color is attractive and opaque, but not as deep as something like CLB.

Aroma: Sweet and light with some earthiness. A typical blanche aroma, but a bit more muted than some.

Flavor: Well balanced but fairly light in flavor. There is a nice spiciness towards the end.

Finish: Not a lot of anise or wormwood, but the spice stays around for a little while. I'd like the flavor to hang around longer.

Overall: Not a bad drink at all, yet a bit basic. It's a little to lightly flavored for me. The only thing I really pick up is the spiciness. Everything else is pretty muted. Price point is coming in around $50, which makes this a good buy.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

To write a comment please register or