Review Detail

All Product Reviews » Traditional Absinthe
Color: No sediment. A very intriguing and inviting deep green.

Louche: Much easier to coax out a louche than its cousin, Belle Amie. Great trails start immediately, bringing about a louche that starts at the bottom and creates a fantastic layering. An attractive opalescence with hints of greens, yellows, whites and blues.

Aroma: Not as complex as I was expecting, but very clean and crisp. Anise pairs nicely with a touch of minty wormwood.

Flavor: Sweet (even without sugar) but not cloying. The spiciness of the wormwood is preceded by the anise, with touches of white pepper and veronica in the end.

Finish: Nice finish that coats the tongue and lasts a long time. It stays with you, urging you to take another drink.

Overall: Another enjoyable addition to the line. One of my favorites.
Overall rating 

Appearance 

Louche 

Aroma 

Flavor / Mouthfeel 

Finish 

Overall 

Reviewed by Brian Robinson September 10, 2008
Last updated: May 13, 2009
#1 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (167)

I'm so happy drinking this...

Color: No sediment. A very intriguing and inviting deep green.

Louche: Much easier to coax out a louche than its cousin, Belle Amie. Great trails start immediately, bringing about a louche that starts at the bottom and creates a fantastic layering. An attractive opalescence with hints of greens, yellows, whites and blues.

Aroma: Not as complex as I was expecting, but very clean and crisp. Anise pairs nicely with a touch of minty wormwood.

Flavor: Sweet (even without sugar) but not cloying. The spiciness of the wormwood is preceded by the anise, with touches of white pepper and veronica in the end.

Finish: Nice finish that coats the tongue and lasts a long time. It stays with you, urging you to take another drink.

Overall: Another enjoyable addition to the line. One of my favorites.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

To write a comment please register or