Review Detail

All Product Reviews » Traditional Absinthe
(This review is of the second formulation, which did not contain the cinnamon overtones which many describe in this absinthe.)

A nice light olive green absinthe, with a mild sweet nose upon opening. Louches well, to a semi-opaque opalescent finish reminiscent of the lighter forms of Chinese Jade. The flavour is much more complex than other absinthes I have tasted, definitely one of my favorites so far. The fennel is slightly less prominent than the anise, with the wormwood being a full flavour without the bitterness. There is a slight citrussy flavour to it, orange or perhaps grapefruit in origion. Very light in it's alcoholic bite, I was able to have a water:absinthe dilution ratio of just about 1:1 without sacrificing enjoyment, this could possibly even be drunk neat if so desired.
Overall rating 

Appearance 

Louche 

Aroma 

Flavor / Mouthfeel 

Finish 

Overall 

Reviewed by martygreene January 29, 2008
Top 1000 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (2)

Second formulation, no cinnamon.

(This review is of the second formulation, which did not contain the cinnamon overtones which many describe in this absinthe.)

A nice light olive green absinthe, with a mild sweet nose upon opening. Louches well, to a semi-opaque opalescent finish reminiscent of the lighter forms of Chinese Jade. The flavour is much more complex than other absinthes I have tasted, definitely one of my favorites so far. The fennel is slightly less prominent than the anise, with the wormwood being a full flavour without the bitterness. There is a slight citrussy flavour to it, orange or perhaps grapefruit in origion. Very light in it's alcoholic bite, I was able to have a water:absinthe dilution ratio of just about 1:1 without sacrificing enjoyment, this could possibly even be drunk neat if so desired.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

To write a comment please register or