Review Detail

All Product Reviews » Traditional Absinthe
Very disappointed in this absinthe... but happy I found a baby (375) bottle to purchase in place of a full 750.

I find this very similar to St. George in the aroma and taste - probably due to both being brandy-based. The flavor profile is strange... I suppose 'savory' would be a good approximation/generalization... hard to detect and isolate the trinity here.

Louche is such a disappointment. Seriously. If you are a fan of big, thick louches like I am... stay far away. This is personal preference to some extent but I am a firm believer that an absinthe should have a solid louche. This has barely anything for show - eve with iced cold water dripped slowly... barely anything happens.

Mouthfeel is thin and watery.

Overall... I may have to mix this with something more substantial to get through it and avoid sinking the bottle. Hate giving terrible reviews but it is what it is...
Overall rating 

Appearance 

Louche 

Aroma 

Flavor / Mouthfeel 

Finish 

Overall 

Reviewed by josephlabrecque July 02, 2014
Top 10 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (45)

... Louche... What Louche...

Very disappointed in this absinthe... but happy I found a baby (375) bottle to purchase in place of a full 750.

I find this very similar to St. George in the aroma and taste - probably due to both being brandy-based. The flavor profile is strange... I suppose 'savory' would be a good approximation/generalization... hard to detect and isolate the trinity here.

Louche is such a disappointment. Seriously. If you are a fan of big, thick louches like I am... stay far away. This is personal preference to some extent but I am a firm believer that an absinthe should have a solid louche. This has barely anything for show - eve with iced cold water dripped slowly... barely anything happens.

Mouthfeel is thin and watery.

Overall... I may have to mix this with something more substantial to get through it and avoid sinking the bottle. Hate giving terrible reviews but it is what it is...

Sad Louche...
Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

To write a comment please register or