Review Detail

All Product Reviews » Retired Brands
Appearance: Really pleasant. Not too dark, not too light; a lovely clear and unblemished peridot green.

Louche: Builds slowly and thinly at first, but ends up right where it should be. Very pretty, with a combination of milk and greenness, with opalescent orange at the bottom. With my face near the glass while judging the aroma, lots of prismatic effects can be seen.

Aroma: Really nicely balanced. I can detect the sweet anise, wormwood AND fennel readily, with hints of a grassy meadow, citrus, and maybe a hint of star anise...very complex.

Flavor: Not quite as complex as I was expecting from the aroma, but it's pleasantly sweet and light with a nice wormwood profile.

Finish: The finish gets a bit overwhelmed by star anise, and becomes a bit to jelly beany for me.

Overall: This is a really lovely absinthe, especially considering what was available when this was released...yet it still holds up against many of the current commercial absinthes available today.
Overall rating 

Appearance 

Louche 

Aroma 

Flavor / Mouthfeel 

Finish 

Overall 

Reviewed by Amber Peter September 26, 2011
Top 10 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (58)

Wish there was more.

Appearance: Really pleasant. Not too dark, not too light; a lovely clear and unblemished peridot green.

Louche: Builds slowly and thinly at first, but ends up right where it should be. Very pretty, with a combination of milk and greenness, with opalescent orange at the bottom. With my face near the glass while judging the aroma, lots of prismatic effects can be seen.

Aroma: Really nicely balanced. I can detect the sweet anise, wormwood AND fennel readily, with hints of a grassy meadow, citrus, and maybe a hint of star anise...very complex.

Flavor: Not quite as complex as I was expecting from the aroma, but it's pleasantly sweet and light with a nice wormwood profile.

Finish: The finish gets a bit overwhelmed by star anise, and becomes a bit to jelly beany for me.

Overall: This is a really lovely absinthe, especially considering what was available when this was released...yet it still holds up against many of the current commercial absinthes available today.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

To write a comment please register or