Review Detail

All Product Reviews » Retired Brands
COLOR: Absolutely crystal-clear.

LOUCHE: Actually more of a louche than I expected, considering the sparsity of the usual herb bill.

AROMA: Wormwood with a bit of mint underneath. None of the typical blanche "sweet" scent.

FLAVOR: Once again, mostly wormwood. Less bitter than you might think, with the lack of significant anise & fennel to counter the A.A.

FINISH: Warm and numbing, with a pleasant "bite".

OVERALL: This was a tricky one to score, as it is so purposely skewed toward the wormwood characteristic. My ratings, for aroma and flavor especially, take this into consideration. (What would be "unbalanced" in a more traditional formula is not necessarily so in this case.)
That being said, I enjoyed this unique sample, and I appreciate getting the chance to further "educate" my palate.
Overall rating 

Appearance 

Louche 

Aroma 

Flavor / Mouthfeel 

Finish 

Overall 

Reviewed by czardoniks August 13, 2011
Top 100 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (4)

W.O.W. (World Of Wormwood)

COLOR: Absolutely crystal-clear.

LOUCHE: Actually more of a louche than I expected, considering the sparsity of the usual herb bill.

AROMA: Wormwood with a bit of mint underneath. None of the typical blanche "sweet" scent.

FLAVOR: Once again, mostly wormwood. Less bitter than you might think, with the lack of significant anise & fennel to counter the A.A.

FINISH: Warm and numbing, with a pleasant "bite".

OVERALL: This was a tricky one to score, as it is so purposely skewed toward the wormwood characteristic. My ratings, for aroma and flavor especially, take this into consideration. (What would be "unbalanced" in a more traditional formula is not necessarily so in this case.)
That being said, I enjoyed this unique sample, and I appreciate getting the chance to further "educate" my palate.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

To write a comment please register or