Review Detail

All Product Reviews » Faux Absinthe
The color is an aqua unlike anything found in nature. It looks like Ty-D-Bol.

The louche is almost non-existent. I worked very hard to coax even a faint louche out between 2 and 3 to one.

The aroma is dominated by mint and a sharp herbal scent like summer savory. A citrus note increases the overall sharpness.

At the start here is some sweetness from anise, but a ver strong minty/sage taste overwhelms everything immediatley therafter. Following that is a strongly herbal flavor (sage? summer savory?, thyme?) which really seems out of synch with the rest. A little bit of wormwood creeps through at the end.

The finish is a bit of mint, mothballs, and a lingering bitterness. Ultimately, this is an unbalanced, fragmented and unpleasant drink. Sugar actually makes it worse, as it makes the sage flavor and bitterness linger.

This is one that I really did not like at all. However, the bottle is really great. Buy it for the bottle. Put something else in it.
Overall rating 

Appearance 

Louche 

Aroma 

Flavor / Mouthfeel 

Finish 

Overall 

Reviewed by GreenFire April 20, 2008
Top 500 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (3)

The bottle is the only good thing here

The color is an aqua unlike anything found in nature. It looks like Ty-D-Bol.

The louche is almost non-existent. I worked very hard to coax even a faint louche out between 2 and 3 to one.

The aroma is dominated by mint and a sharp herbal scent like summer savory. A citrus note increases the overall sharpness.

At the start here is some sweetness from anise, but a ver strong minty/sage taste overwhelms everything immediatley therafter. Following that is a strongly herbal flavor (sage? summer savory?, thyme?) which really seems out of synch with the rest. A little bit of wormwood creeps through at the end.

The finish is a bit of mint, mothballs, and a lingering bitterness. Ultimately, this is an unbalanced, fragmented and unpleasant drink. Sugar actually makes it worse, as it makes the sage flavor and bitterness linger.

This is one that I really did not like at all. However, the bottle is really great. Buy it for the bottle. Put something else in it.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

To write a comment please register or