Review Detail

All Product Reviews » Absinthe Substitutes
It's difficult to review a pastis and not compare it to absinthe but since it's not absinthe, it shouldn't be compared to it and only judged as the fine pastis it is.

Color: Rather surprising yellow.

Louche: Full, opaque and milky.

Aroma: An herbal feast!

Taste: Herbal, complex with a taste that rolls across the tongue in waves. Heavy anise and fennel with (supposedly) over 50 herbs adding to the banquet.

Finish: pleasant and sustained but I really do miss the bitterness that would come with the glass of absinthe instead of pastis.

Overall: A delicious and refreshing beverage that I've enjoyed every glass I've ever poured.
Overall rating 

Appearance 

Louche 

Aroma 

Flavor / Mouthfeel 

Finish 

Overall 

Reviewed by Joe Legate September 02, 2008
Top 50 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (26)

It is not absinthe but it is a fine pastis.

It's difficult to review a pastis and not compare it to absinthe but since it's not absinthe, it shouldn't be compared to it and only judged as the fine pastis it is.

Color: Rather surprising yellow.

Louche: Full, opaque and milky.

Aroma: An herbal feast!

Taste: Herbal, complex with a taste that rolls across the tongue in waves. Heavy anise and fennel with (supposedly) over 50 herbs adding to the banquet.

Finish: pleasant and sustained but I really do miss the bitterness that would come with the glass of absinthe instead of pastis.

Overall: A delicious and refreshing beverage that I've enjoyed every glass I've ever poured.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

To write a comment please register or